Sunday, January 24, 2010
Week 2 Resource
While perusing the internet, I found this article from "The Middle School Journal" and thought I'd share it with you. One of the interesting things that it points out is that the progress made through a learning community does not stem from one single act or moment. Rather, it is a long, gradual process - much like learning itself. As we all continue to reflect and scrutinize our own learning communities, I think it will help to remember that all that we accomplish may not be readily apparent, but any genuine effort to better our schools will have effects beyond our scope of view. I also found it interesting how the article specifically juxtaposed schools with actual learning communities as opposed to just "teams". As would be expected, those schools that were learning communities in all sense of the term saw the most growth and change as a result of their using the communities. Hope you enjoy the article!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment